Friday, September 7, 2007

Jugo de pina and other things I love

I had the most amazing pineapple juice for lunch today. I can´t believe how good all of the juices are. And just the fresh fruit. And the rice. All of the food so far has been fantastic. I worry that every meal is going to make me sick, but amazingly, my stomach has been good to me. Hopefully this will continue.

I also have been watching loads of telenovelas. My host mother watches ¨Cobras y lagartos, a novela from Brazil, that seems pretty good. I have also seen a bit of Madre Luna and Dame chocolate. There are also some that I was watching at home from Mexico that I can continue to watch here. I know they´re really cheesy, but I love them. It´s a good way to learn conversational spanish too.

I still love the mountains and the site of Cotopaxi outside of my house everyday. It´s usually really cloudy, but yesterday and this morning I had a great view of it. I just hope it doesn´t erupt while I´m here. That wouldn´t be too fun.

I need to write more when I can organize my thoughts. Every time the computer works well, I try to do a million things at once. I´m pretty tired because I´m not used to getting up early to go to class yet. Hopefully some sleep this weekend will help. I don´t know what I´m up to, but I think I´ll be going into Quito and maybe to a market in town. As long as I get some sleep, I´ll be just fine. I´ll try to update more tomorrow with some pictures, if the computer decides to work again. Chao (which is the spanish way to spell it; I´ve always spelled it Ciao which is the italian way)

No comments:

Post a Comment