Monday, May 12, 2008

Mvudeyo

I am sitting in a hotel room near JFK and it's so weird. I really miss Uganda now as well as the great group of people I got to know there. And tomorrow evening I head home. I am really looking forward to seeing my family again. I think the culture shock from this semester will be much worse than coming home from Ecuador. It's just so different here. Just sitting in Heathrow was overwhelming. We were surrounded by muzungus, for one thing. Everyone was nicely dressed and was carrying fancy electronics. In New York, it's amazing how efficient the airtram system is-the tranpsortation at the airport here is much better than the transportation system in all of Kampala. There are no bodas weaving in and out of traffic, people complain about everything and move much more quickly and I blend in so easily in the crowd. I miss hearing muzungu and walking slowly once in a while. I should probably get some sleep because I'm heading over to the airport early tomorrow to spend some time shopping for books and eating Wendy's junior bacon chesseburgers. Mvudeyo-I have returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment