Monday, August 30, 2010

Oh Uganda

My dad sent me this link today and I found it pretty entertaining. It's a really short BBC article about recent protests over potholes in Kampala, Uganda, where I spent about four months during my junior year of college (see earlier blog posts from 2008).


I sure know how bad those potholes are (or were when I was in Kampala over two years ago). I miss Uganda. Lots of things in Guatemala bring back memories of Uganda-certain smells, riding in overcrowded microbuses, shopping in hectic markets, not refrigerating my eggs.

Just wanted to post the article. Had a long day today and am just using the internet while I wait for Doña Flor to open the store (it's closed while they're eating a late lunch) so I can pick up a few things. More comprehensive update to come, when there's something new to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment