Friday, November 12, 2010

World Challenge

There are lots of cool things going on throughout the world. There's a competition going on throughout the world called World Challenge which will fund the project that receives the most votes of people. I voted for a project a past volunteer is working on in Comalapa using trash to build things. My partner and I are planning on working on Manejo de Basura (trash management) for the first part of the next school year becuase trash is one huge problem here in Guatemala. There really isn't anywhere for people to throw trash so it ends up all over the streets, in the river, in people's yards, etc. A Class Apart uses tires and bottles filled with trash to build schools, homes, and other buildings. You can find more information at the site below. I encourage you to watch this video, as well as the other videos, and submit your vote before midnight tonight. It's a little last minute, I know, but I didn't hear about it til yesterday.

http://theworldchallenge.co.uk/2010-finalists-project06.php

No comments:

Post a Comment