Monday, March 28, 2011

More Famous Than Before

I am already a local celebrity (simply because I have light skin and lighter hair than everyone else in town), but now it's national. Woo Hoo!! Made it onto the Guatemalan national news for going to the Peace Corps 50th anniversary celebration in Guate. I never would have known about it if a girl who goes to one of my schools hadn't told Yuna that she had seen us on tv. They also had an article in the Prensa Libre about it which you can find here (in spanish): Cuerpo de Paz celebra 50 años.

The party was fun. I'll write more about that this week because I have so much free time because there's a strike. The teachers are striking to get the 6% raise the government promised last year (I think) so there are no classes this week which means no school visits for me. There's plenty more to plan and that's what I'll be working on, but I have more time.

Feliz día!


No comments:

Post a Comment