Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dairy Queen in Guatemala?

Yup, that's right. DQ is coming to Guatemala!! Although they are opening 15 stores by 2015 and will unlikely open one in my area in the next year or so, I can still hope, right? I don't usually go for fast food but there's something about being here in Guatemala that makes me crave McDonald's or Wendy's all the time. Maybe it's the lack of meat in my diet, or the fact that cooking for myself has gotten kind of old, perhaps because quickly prepared mass quantities of food really is delicious. I was super happy to know I will living within a 30 minute trip of a Wendy's, but Dairy Queen would just be so much better. When I was home in June I stopped at Dairy Queen at least twice to get Blizzard cravings out of my system, but there are still days once in a while when I can't help but think of some delicious soft-serve mixed with bits of a Heath bar or Reese's peanut butter cups (am I making anyone hungry?). I may soon be able to drag myself into the city to enjoy some delicious DQ soon, though I am a realist and I fully realize that a Dairy Queen will probably open near my site the week after I COS. Oh well. At least it will be a win for Guatemala.

No comments:

Post a Comment