Sunday, November 11, 2007

Limpiando

So, I'm still here in Riobamba. I'm living with a great family-I have four older sisters, three of whom live at home, a baby cousin, and a mom and a dad. I'm working (more like observing and helping wherever I can) at Hospital Andino Alternativo de Chimborazo, the first hospital in Ecuador that combines 'quĂ­mica' medicine with alternative and Andean medicines. Although the three sections are separate, I think they overlap, which is kind of cool. I'm only working in the Andean section and the yachaks are cool. I pretty much just watch limpias all day which is super awkward but interesting. It's nothing like the medicine we're all used to in the U.S. I hope to study how this medicine is regulated and how the government of Ecuador approaches it. Apparently my advisor for this project has been very active in fighting for the right to practice indigenous medicine here in Ecuador.

Well, that's pretty much all that has been going on. I don't have too much easy access to the internet so I probably won't be updating for a while. Hope everyone is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment