Saturday, December 8, 2007

Last night (morning) in Ecuador

So the end has finally come. I'm chilling out in Hotel Alston for one last night. We went to a desfile last night on Amazonas which was quite cool although we couldn't find a nice place to watch it from. Then today I mainly bought some last gifts and packed. I think everything is fitting in my bags, though they're pretty stuffed. Then we went to Guapulo, this really nice section of Quito that I wish I had explored during the day. We went to this cafe/bar and most of the group was there, drinking canelazo (not my favorite, but a nice hot drink) and talking. It was good to hang out with the group again. I feel really fortunate to be part of a really great group and I know I'm going to miss everyone when I'm back in the US. It's just so weird to me that tomorrow, I'm meeting at the airport at 3:30 and seven of us are flying back. And a little over 30 hours or so I will see my family again. It hasn't really hit me yet, but I'm sure it will soon. I don't really know what else to write so chao chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment