Sunday, February 17, 2008

Same Equator, Different Country

Earlier today I crossed the equator and once again I find myself in the southern hemisphere. We are on an excursion into western Uganda and Rwanda. I'm really happy to be out of the city. The country here is quite beautiful-lots of rolling hills and banana trees. It's so green here and also less polluted. Well, not here in Mbarara (a more urban area) but outside of this area. I need to sit down and update when I get some fast internet so that probably won't happen until I'm back in Kampala, but I'll let you all know what I've been up to in the past couple of weeks. I am doing well and am enjoying myself, most of the time. I'm still adjusting-it's a bit more difficult to adjust to life here than in Ecuador, but I'm sure I will feel more at home here with time. I hope everything is going well and sorry for the lack of updates, but the internet situation here is a little difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment